As I was looking out my sunroom window today, I marvel at the glistening new layer of white snow we received. In the sun, it almost looks like diamonds sparkling. It brought to my mind another old hymn called “Whiter Than Snow”. I am not crazy about winter snow, but when I see the beauty of the white snow and how clean it looks…it reminds me of God’s gift to us of washing us whiter than snow… Hope you enjoy reading the lyrics to this song. The next time you see a new fallen snow….remember what God will or has done for you…
- Lord Jesus, I long to be perfectly whole; I want Thee forever to live in my soul; Break down every idol, cast out every foe— Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Refrain: Whiter than snow, yes, whiter than snow, Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Lord Jesus, let nothing unholy remain, Apply Thine own blood and extract every stain; To get this blest cleansing, I all things forego— Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Lord Jesus, look down from Thy throne in the skies, And help me to make a complete sacrifice; I give up myself, and whatever I know— Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Lord Jesus, for this I most humbly entreat, I wait, blessed Lord, at Thy crucified feet, By faith for my cleansing, I see thy blood flow— Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Lord Jesus, Thou seest I patiently wait; Come now and within me a new heart create; To those who have sought Thee Thou never said’st “No”— Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- The blessing by faith, I receive from above; Oh, glory! my soul is made perfect in love; My prayer has prevailed, and this moment I know, The blood is applied, I am whiter than